BECOME AN INSPIRATIONAL ROLE MODEL
One cold winter’s night, the residents of a German city slept soundly, nestled in their warm winter blankets.
Everyone was asleep except for two people, a 4-year-old boy named Albert and his father, Emil. Albert’s father was performing some experiments on electricity and magnetism by lantern light while his young son watched intently, sick in bed.
To cheer up his son, Emil brought a magnetic compass over to his bed. Emil pointed out that whenever the compass was moved, the magnetic needle within it would move without anything touching it, as if influenced by some hidden force field.
Wonderstruck by his mysterious power, Albert asked, “How did you perform such a miracle?”
His father replied, “Nature is full of such miracles, my son.”
The boy grew up to become Albert Einstein, one of the most revered scientists of our time. Remembering this incident in his autobiographical notes, Einstein wrote, “This experience made a deep and lasting impression on me. Something deeply hidden had to be behind things.”
His father’s example and inspiration triggered his innate drive to wonder and search, propelling his lifelong quest to find the hidden force fields behind the physical world.
Truly, parents can play a pivotal role in inspiring and supporting their child’s achievements.
For parents to ponder and reflect upon:
- Accompany your children to science fair, zoo, planetarium and museum to encourage them to explore their world.
- Encourage your child’s creativity – ask him/her to make something from scrap materials (I.e., cloth, newspaper, boxes, etc.)
- Challenge your children with the task of fixing broken things as this will help fuel their curiosity and ingenuity.
- Hold casual family gatherings to share poetry, art, music or short stories to encourage artistic development of children.
- Children need repetition to learn. Patiently explain concepts in a consistent manner until they understand.
- Expose children to different experiences, cultures and people to help broaden their outlook.
Here is a tribute to becoming a fantastic role model. Do share your completed worksheets with us without fail. Every step to becoming that role model you envision in your mind starts with a single step of action. Let’s take that first mindful step today, even better, now!
One thought on “Week-2 Day-3”